Saturday, July 18, 2009

1 Year Old Firecracker

I can't believe that on July 4th I celebrated my baby turning 1!!!! Wasn't he just born a couple of a months ago? Where did the time go? I couldn't help but to think back his birth. It was the scariest day of my life, that ended perfect. Also what a great day to be born! THE 4TH OF JULY!

I made his birthday party low key. I was leaving town the next day, plus I hear most go overboard on the first birthday party and it is hard on the baby. Here is what the day was like.

Grandma flew in from Provo to be here, and worked with Eric on perfecting patty-cake. His "roll it" is hilarious. Then we did some loving

We had just close family and 1 family of friends over for the party. The people he was most familiar with. He started with the glutton of toys he got for gifts. He had plenty of toys beforehand, but now it looks like Toys R Us is opening in our house.Eric seemed unimpressed with the presents and more interested in the carrot Maga gave him to eat.Eric and Stella did adore this puzzle Maga gave him. Eric thinks it is yummy and Stella almost has it figured out.Then we moved on to the cake. See how unimpressed he is again? He has no idea what is going on. Notice the amount of gifts in the back and all the cute clothing!Big brother Tyler helped with making the wish and blowing out the candle. My suggested wish was "wish Eric grows 6 feet tall"Now I know what you people came here for, the cake destructionJason and I just adore how he always crosses his fat little feet! More of the cupcake landed on the floor, his highchair then ever could have fit in him!
Now if I could just get Tyler to say he is 1 year old, instead of 1 years old.

4 comments:

bumbulbea said...

I can't believe it's been a year. Can't wait to have a play date. I think his hair still looks red. mmmmm... yummy cake

Lynnette said...

Time does fly, doesn't it? It sounds like he had a great birthday!

Julee said...

Oh!! I just love 1st Birthdays!!!! Watching them eat the cake is the best!! lol And I have to say that he does have a great birthday date!! lol

Family of Disney said...

Well Julee, in so many ways, I hope he's like you, so we will start with the bday!