I am taking a break from the drama and blogging about my summer trip, to tell you Eric had his one year old check up today. As you can recall from past blogs I have found his stats disappointing. Nobody wants a short red-headed son, unless he's a famous actor. Truth be told there is nothing more parents want to hear, than their child is totally normal.
Well today we went to Dr. S to see how my firecracker is doing.
First measurement of height was 29 1/2 inches. When I pointed to the nurse that he neck was bent, a remeasure was done.
30 inches 50th percentile.
Head, I didn't get the measurement but also 50th percentile.
Weight 19 pounds 5th percentile
In talking to her and Dr J about his weight, they still aren't concerned. It seems to follow the pattern of Jason and Tyler growing up. Both were lean kids. We went over his diet and I was advised he eats a lot for his age. Perhaps he just burns it off with all his energy?
Again it was commented how strong he was, when the doctor couldn't get her exam tools out of Eric's hand. Dr J, laughed at my Wolverine comparison, that Eric is short, stocky, strong, has super sharp nails, and heals quickly like the comic book mutant. I was promptly asked if Hugh Jackman was the father. mmmm am I in trouble if I say "I wish!"?
So I left the appointment very happy to hear that Eric was very in the normal spectrum of height, if not possibly Hugh Jackman's child.
3 comments:
That is good news!! I bet it is comforting to know that your child is normal!! We missed you at the shower but thank you SOO much for the gift!! I love the little disney outfits and the very pretty white sweater!! That was so nice of you to send that!! We sure missed having you there!
Ha! Dr J is awesome. I told you he'd grow! You worry too much!
Marlee,
Yes normal is the goal, as I am sure you will learn soon. I missed being there also!
BTW the sweater was hand made by a friend of mine. I have no ability to knit!
Post a Comment