Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Rusty


Lately I have had to say good-bye to a few in my life that have been a part of it a long time. Those who knew back in high school and just after knew I was all about my Blazer, my horse, and my dog Rusty.

My sister-in-law Kacy was given the truck over a year ago, she was able to trade it in, towards a great credit for a new car. I didn't get to say good-bye to the truck, but I couldn't believe I'd never see it again. 18 years is a long time!

Of course you can recall that Buck died a few weeks ago.

Well good old Rusty was put down on July 13th. He was a pound puppy my mom and I adopted in 95. He was estimated to be 3 or 4 years old, so we guess he was 17 or 18. His quality of life had really gone down hill. He was often becoming immobile and would get stuck places. I told mom it was time for him to go.

See I'd rather remember Rusty as the dog in the picture above. He was cute, calm, fun, and very loyal. Rusty was a small dog, who thought he was big and cool.

So good-bye old guy! We love you.

No comments: