Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

Thanks to Jason unused PTO he got to take a bit of time off for Thanksgiving this year. We also hosted dinner at our home. It's just easier when you have a baby running around getting into everything. I mean I can't keep up with him at home which is only 50 percent baby proof!

My Mom, Jason's Mom and Grandmother, as well as two of Jason's sisters joined us for dinner. Small tragedy, the foil pan I got for cooking the turkey leaked and sent the juice to the bottom of my oven. There it burned and has become permanent part of the oven.

After dinner some football was watched, video games played, and badly sung Rock Band was well, can you call it sung? Really badly sung. Who knew one family could have so many tone deaf singers? At least we suck as family!

Eric loved his Aunt Jenny so much he was upset when she left. He just stood at the door trying to open it (again Jason thanks for teaching him to open doors). Bless the creator of the deadbolt! He stayed for ten minutes hoping she would return.

Then I decided to be stupid. I took Tyler to the midnight sale at Toys R Us. The line was a mile long, and we didn't actually make it into the store until 1:20am. I was able to find all the purchases I wanted to make, but they didn't have enough carts, so I had to push everything on the floor. Oh and the line was an hour and a half wait to check out. I am still trying to decide if the money saved was worth it. Tyler and I got home just before 4am. Please don't call CPS, I'll never do it again!

Friday we joined Jason's mother, sisters Kacy and Jenny for the Mesa Temple Christmas lights. Well first we did the Forsberg tradition of Pete's Fish and Chips (yum fried food). Then we tried to make our way through the crowds at the Temple. I think next year we won't go the day after Thanksgiving. Then we topped off our healthy dinner with frozen custard.

Saturday was spent catching up on much needed sleep!

Sunday Eric was not well, so I stayed home with him while the boys went to church. Poor Eric!

Then Monday after Tyler got out of school we headed to visit my mom. Jason worked on her computer while I helped with dinner. After dinner we headed out to ZooLights at the Phoenix Zoo. Monday was a perfect night, no crowds! We pet stingrays, and Tyler road a camel. We also took a carriage ride, with Magic the Budwiser rejected Clydesdale. See Budwiser doesn't like it's horses to have one black foot. mmmm I think that may be racist!

We enjoyed walking around looking at the lights. Eric saw most of them high atop his dad's shoulders. He tried to touch many lights, and was often heard whispering "what's that?" The awe moment of the night was when Eric snuggled Jason's head while sitting up there. He either loves his dad or was really really tired.
I am going with really, really tired while he loved dad.

3 comments:

Jer and Cam said...

You have been busy! I'm glad you got some good deals despite the long lines!

Cortney Clegg said...

what a fun thanksgiving! You are pretty brave to go to those day-after sales...I've always wanted to try that. :) I'm feeling a bit jealous imagining you guys out at night looking at the lights- probably wearing short sleeves no less. hahaa!

Sarah said...

What a fun Thanksgiving break. Just the way I like them full of family and jam packed with excitment. We need to try the zoo lights this year too I think.