Thursday, December 31, 2009

Blessings of 2009

Instead of making resolutions that I'll break, I prefer to look back at the year and count the blessings of the years. Here is what I have for 2009 in no praticular order.

1) A year of many firsts for Eric. First tooth, first word, first step, first birthday, first time at the park, first haircut, and even first tantrum. All signs that he's growing up healthy and normal.
2) That we found a better teacher and better school for Tyler
3) Again another year Jason saved his company more than he makes in IT budget and they gave him more stock options.
4) Trips to Vegas, Tucson, Disneyland as a family
5) That the boys got three new cousins in 2009 all healthy and happy!
6) Two trips to Utah to visit family. My niece Kyra is adorable!
7) That Tyler got to go to YMCA camp. He still talks about it.
8) That I learned to make my own baby food!
9) Even though I got released, I loved working with the cub scouts, those boys taught me a lot!
10) That I got to say good-bye to Rusty
11) That I got to visit family in CA
12) I got to meet Tyler's mother Anna for the first time, and it went awesome!
13) That I can the see the joy of my baby play with my old toys.
14) The many sweet gestures Tyler likes to do.
15) That I made 13 months breastfeeding. In the beginning I would have never thought it possible! It is nice to be off that now.
16) For the cute moments Jason has with his children.
17) Tyler turned 10
18) Even though I lost a couple of loved ones this year, the knowledge of the good lives they lead makes me happy.
19) Being put on the activities committee at church. I didn't want it, but it has many blessings.
20) The little surprises that end the year.... keep reading!

2 comments:

Paige said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jer and Cam said...

I love the idea of making this list. I need to do that too! Great idea.